Txttools is an SMS (short message service, or text messaging) solution for organizations, including education. There are two main ways to use txttools:
- Web interface at http://www.txttools.co.uk
- LMS plugins for Blackboard or Moodle
Received Txttools message screenshot from cellphone:
- Create groups
- Integration with user profiles in Moodle or Blackboard – i.e. txttools plugin recognises groups, and mobile phone numbers in user profiles.
- Database of sent and received txt messages
- Statistics monitoring – showing sent/received status of messages for each user.
- Automated actions via administrator defined keywords
- Automatic registration of users by txting a keyword to a dedicated txttools number
- Cost confidence – cost = annual license fee, not per message.
Below is the Web Management interface for Txttools:
Moodle Txttools plugins screenshots:
1. MoodleTxt Block
2. MoodleTxt History
3. Viewing Status of Sent Messages